Hello All, I'm New To This Site

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by tech475, Apr 19, 2019.

1. tech475New MemberMember

Hello everyone. I recently signed onto this site and just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I have spent a lot of time on this site over the past year reading the seemingly endless amount of information and have found all of it to be extremely helpful and enjoyable.
    A year ago I got back into the fish keeping hobby, after a 25 year layoff, due to the interest shown by my 2 sons, then aged 11 and 13. What started with a 16 gallon tank(zebra danios and 2 albino corys) for one son's room, has now grown to include a 15 gallon long (cardinal tetras and 2 honey gouramis) for my other son, a 20 gallon (barbs and pleco), a 36 gallon bow front (swordtails, platys, blue dwarf gourami, and 4 pepper corys)and two 7 1/2 gallons (one fry tank and one plant grow tank). This fabulous hobby gives our family many hours of enjoyable discussion and learning!! The boys, my wife and myself all learned the nitrogen cycle together doing a fishless cycle on the 36 while doing a fish-in on the 16, and at the end all agreed that fishless was the way to go for us.
    I find this site very educational and very enjoyable and am very much looking forward to being a part of it.

Greg

2. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Sounds good!! Welcome!:)