Hello Again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azazelsfyre, Dec 7, 2012.

1. azazelsfyre

azazelsfyreWell Known MemberMember

Hello everyone! It's been a very long time, I know. Well, since then I have said goodbye to me lovely bettas, they died in good health, just old age I guess. I took good care of them, and I'd like to think they were happy :) My red wags had two..."litters"? "clutches"? Anyway I've got a few baby fish. My roommate donated her molly, so I've got one of those in there too (he's probably very confused). And today I discovered three snails. I was all for letting them stay, until they went Discovery Channel in front of me. I can't bring myself to kill them, so I pulled out the three I could find and put them in a solo cup of tank water. The two are still...occupied. So yea, just checking in. And then asking, should I keep the snails? What should I do with them. I can't really figure out what kind they are; they have black shells with gold "giraffe" spots, but they're really tiny. If they end up being something cool I'd like to keep them :) Tips?

2. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Gday and welcome back!

They sound like Ramshorns from the description but photos are always welcomed!

3. OP
    OP
    azazelsfyre

They're so itty bitty! I can't get good ones. Don't ramshorns have the straight spirals though? These have the kinda oblong spirals. Also, do they breed prolifically?

4. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

My ramshorns start off curly when they are very small, then go to a rounded shape after a month or so. Well I found about 100 eggs on one big swordplant but I feed mine too. They are very easy to squash or pluck out if there are too many.

5. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Hey azazelsfyre [​IMG] it has been a very long time! Glad to see you! Now don't go wandering off again LOL
    Carol

6. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

7. OP
    OP
    azazelsfyre

D'aw....thx guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice