Hello :3

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by ranmao, Aug 3, 2014.

1. ranmao

ranmaoNew MemberMember

I'm new to this forum and to having an aquarium. Though it is my boyfriends one and he wasn't taking care of it, so I decided to take care of them. He bought me more fishes and new equipment to take care of them. :3 I'm really loving the fishes, they are so cute and playful. I ended up taking over the aquarium. :D though I have no idea what I'm doing I'm just doing a lot of research and already received help from many here and am very thankful for that!

2. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Greetings and welcome :)

Good move joining this forum.

Best wishes to you, and your fish.

3. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

I'm glad you decided to join the site, Ranmao!!! Welcome to Fishlore and to keeping Fish!

You have found the most fabulous place that I've ever seen for all things fishy!

4. Adam55

Adam55Well Known MemberMember

Welcome to FL, ranmao. If you have any questions, please ask away.

5. aHumanBeing

aHumanBeingWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore :)

Basics of fish keeping:
    Don't over stock
    Bigger tank is better and easier to care for
    More filtration is better
    The Nitrogen Cycle is the most important thing ever
    Fresh clean water is good but make sure it's treated
    Ammonia and Nitr(I)tes are bad
    Nitrates are harmless up to a point
    MTS is very contagious
    Water changes are essential
    Seriously, the Nitrogen Cycle is the most important part of fish keeping

did I mention the Nitrogen Cycle?

6. dakotaValued MemberMember

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you rescued the tank. Its a fun hobby and once you get addicted to it your part of it. Have fun with that tank soon you will want a bigger one and so on. Thanks

Clean Water = Happy Healthy Fish

7. ppate1977

ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Welcome. I'm glad to hear you took the responsibility for an unmaintained aquarium. I hope you continue to enjoy the hobby.

8. OP
    OP
    ranmao

ranmaoNew MemberMember

Thank you for the warm welcomes and the informations. :3 I'm having so much fun taking care of them and watching them play. My bf told me he has a very big tank at his parents and couple fishes. Just saw it today, he has 2 tanks, one about 75 gallons and the other is about 120 gallon. I'm planning to eventually bring the120 gallon back with us, along with the fish. He has a giant clown loach in the tank 0.0! And Yeay after that happens I can create my tank... and get more fishes! I'm so excited, i want to do and oriental style tank. What does your guys tanks look like?

9. OP
    OP
    ranmao

ranmaoNew MemberMember

I had to clean the tank because he hasn't cleaned it in about half a year... you couldn't see in the tank at all x.x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice