Helanthium Quadricostatus issues

TaniaY

New Member
Member
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
Experience
Just started
I've been working on setting up a new 10 gal tank and I moved my helathium from my betta tank into it. The rest of the plants I have in it seem to being doing well, but this one is covered in a weird fuzz (maybe some sort of algae) and the leaves look dull and brownish. Any tips on helping it get back to normal? There is currently no fish in the tank
1586200065641.png
plant.jpg
 

Attachments

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,925
Reaction score
4,075
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
Is that substrate just plain gravel? Are you dosing any kind of fertilizer? How long are your lights on for?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
T

TaniaY

New Member
Member
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
Experience
Just started
Fahn said:
Is that substrate just plain gravel? Are you dosing any kind of fertilizer? How long are your lights on for?
It's just gravel, I put api root tabs in, and the lights are on for about 10 hours
 

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,925
Reaction score
4,075
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
TaniaY said:
It's just gravel, I put api root tabs in, and the lights are on for about 10 hours
Cut the lighting back to 6-8 hours if you see algae.

What is the nutrient content of API tabs?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
T

TaniaY

New Member
Member
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
Experience
Just started
Fahn said:
Cut the lighting back to 6-8 hours if you see algae.

What is the nutrient content of API tabs?
1586206995575.png
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
226
Guests online
3,593
Total visitors
3,819

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom