Hehehehe! New Tank

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi all..well..we went out yesterday, to buy some replacement fish for my 36 gal. newly cycled tank..and ended up with a new 28 gal. bow front tank..LOL..we bought 6 new fish that are presently in our 36 gal tank. Thankfully, I can cycle the new tank with water and gravel from my little cycled 5 gal tank, so I'm off to a good start. We may move a few fish to the new tank when it's cycled. Our great room isn't that LARGE, big enough but not much wall space, so we have the two tanks at either end of our sofa table (the one that goes behind a sofa) facing into our dining room, which is part of the great room. I'm now in..what can we move to make more room for these tanks mode. LOL
I went from a husband who really didn't want fish anymore, to a husband that said, put the 5 gal tank away, and buy "this one", the 28 gal tank. LOL We also have 6 parrots and 3 keets! Oh..and a "dawg". LOL
Jackie ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats . Hope you enjoy it though you are probably right. You will probably have to put some of the fish in your new 28 gallon tank once it's cycled. You might also have some stocking problems with the red tail shark though,make sure you have a cave that's maybe 6" long that he can call his own.

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
atmmachine816 said:
Congrats . Hope you enjoy it though you are probably right. You will probably have to put some of the fish in your new 28 gallon tank once it's cycled. You might also have some stocking problems with the red tail shark though,make sure you have a cave that's maybe 6" long that he can call his own.
Well..I have had the red tail shark for almost 4 weeks..and he's doing his own thing..just moves all over the tank looking for food..he pretty much leaves the other fish alone, for now. We'll see in the future tho. Thanks..
Jackie

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JackieN said:
I went from a husband who really didn't want fish anymore, to a husband that said, put the 5 gal tank away, and buy "this one", the 28  gal tank.  LOL  We also have 6 parrots and 3 keets!  Oh..and a "dawg".
LOL ... Hmm ... is it possible that you have infected your husband with the MTS?

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
Isabella said:
JackieN said:
I went from a husband who really didn't want fish anymore, to a husband that said, put the 5 gal tank away, and buy "this one", the 28 gal tank. LOL We also have 6 parrots and 3 keets! Oh..and a "dawg".
LOL ... Hmm ... is it possible that you have infected your husband with the MTS?
LOL..Hi Isabella..me thinks he's caught the bug. I'm glad..this tank looks so purty right now..we had to run back to the PS because two of the attachments for the Fluval were broken..but it's up and running now..with all live plants..and some purty decorations..just waiting for some fish in a bit. I used cycled water/gravel and a bit of the bio stuff I was using in my 5 gal. to start the cycle, so hopefully it won't be too long.
Jackie ;D

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Congrats.and good luck.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MY COMPLIMENTS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A NEW AQUARIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
Jmarcus said:
Congrats.and good luck.
Thanks JMarcus..appreciate the kind thoughts!
Jackie

JackieN

Valued Member
Reaction score
Stradius011 said:
MY COMPLIMENTS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A NEW AQUARIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
yeeeehaaaaaaa..you bet!! Now I just need more room for that humongous one I'd love to have..but really REALLY don't have the room for..
Thanks for the "compliments". Jackie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom