HEEELP! Hair like poop and bloated! What's wrong?

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
I posted under the disease section, but thought maybe there are some gourami gurus here to help. My dwarf gourami Mufasa has been acting sick for the past week or so, progressively getting worse. He stays secluded, hiding in his favorite spot, will not touch any food,his belly is bloated, and he's having loooong stringlike white poop. I thought it was parasites, so I treated with parasite clear by jungle. Changed 50% water since then and carbon is running. Water parameters are perfect, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate under 10. pH stable at 7.3, temp 80 degrees.

Then I thought it might be constipation, so tried to give pea pieces, without skin. He is not interested in ANY food, so.....that didn't work. So then tried an Epsom salt bath, at 1 tsp per gallon for 10 minutes. That was yesterday. Today he is still acting the same and he just had a long hair like white poop. Should I repeat the Epsom bath? Maybe use stronger solution? I'm sure someone out there has had this happen and cured it....what do I do? Up until now he has been healthy and fairly active (for a gourami that is).

Izabela

Izabela

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, Mufasa finally died today, just a few minutes ago :'(. I'm glad he is not suffering anymore, but so sad to lose him. Wish I could have saved him >. I still don't know what was wrong with him...hope it's not contagious ???

Izabela

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My cat had a long white string come out of the pooper hole one time and we found out it was a parasitic worm....I just saw that this was from January. So I am a little late. Sorry anyways.

♥ashley♥

Valued Member
Reaction score
awww.....I'm sorry. if i was on here a few days ago I woudl have searched all over the internet to help you. if you have any other problems don't hesitate to email me at

texana_gringa@yahoo.com

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom