Heavily Planted 20 Gallon Long W/ 6 Odessa Barbs

OpnTeaser

I have 6 baby odessa barbs in a 20 Long and it’s heavily planted ... I’m curious as to if I can stock this a bit more ?? And how do you get all of them to eat ?? I feel like some hide while the others eat .. I don’t understand

mlash

I think they get about 3 inches long, but it really has to do with the water quality and filtration, 6 might be to many (once they mature) or not enough, who knows. If your fish are happy and active, I would say the environment is good.

If you feed your fish at the same time/s every day/s they will know when it's feeding time. I used to stress out about feeding time also but now I have them on a schedule.

OpnTeaser

That’s good stuff .. thank you boss

OpnTeaser

What else could I get in here in this 20G Long heavily planted tank besides the 6 Odessa Barbs I have in there now ??? Ideas ??

MissNoodle

Some peppered corydoras would do well as theyre slightly larger cories and would do well with the cooler temps odessas like

Corydork

I can’t stress this enough. A twenty long is perfect for Cory Catfish, it’s the perfect size tank to get a shoal of 5+ to witness their awesome behavior. I’d recommend some albino Corydoras or SterbaI Cories (personal favorite) for a planter tank, they look amazing with green.
I don’t know enough about barbs you say which is best for your tank, but the biggest differences between Albinos and SterbaI are (obviously) their coloration, and SterbaI prefer warmer waters(82 Fahrenheit), while Albinos are happy in anything around room temperature (70 degrees Fahrenheit and up)

peacockbass

Otocinclus catfish would do perfect in a heavily planted tank. I have never kept Odessa barbs but if they won't pick on the otos since they don't get very big, that would be my #1 pick.

H Farnsworth

Pics?

OpnTeaser

This is what I’m dealing with

Attachments

• 78DDB028-872A-485E-A3F2-E2C09FB94679.jpeg
    78DDB028-872A-485E-A3F2-E2C09FB94679.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 174

H Farnsworth

Oh cool, I like it.

OpnTeaser

A lot of plant action !! I need something else in there though I feel like

JettsPapa

What else could I get in here in this 20 gallon Long heavily planted tank besides the 6 Odessa Barbs I have in there now ??? Ideas ??
More Odessa barbs?

Corydork

I like all the plants!
Definitely a school of cories, albinos would look great on your substrate. They won’t be very active until they’re well established, but they have a great effect on any tank. If you want a lot of action, you may want to consider some danios.

OpnTeaser

I have a 20 gallon Long , heavily planted and 6 Odessa barbs in it ... I just setup a 40B I’m waiting to finish cycling but I was wondering if I could put 4 GBR in there with them till I finish cycling the 40B ???

Feohw

Odessa barbs like cooler water than GBR. GBR need it in the 80s, odessas would much prefer it in the 70s, they can even be kept in heaterless tanks. I wouldn't mix the two myself.

OpnTeaser

When the 40 is up and running with mid 80s effect the plants ?

Feohw

When the 40 is up and running with mid 80s effect the plants ?
Some plants won't appreciate the high temp. There are those that will do alright though, you just need to find some that will tolerate it. As you can see from this thread about discus, plants can do amazingly at higher temperatures.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishyLove1
  • Question
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies