Heating water for changes without electric heater

devsi

This feels like quite an obscure question; but I’m hoping someone else has had the same thought and has come up with a solution.

Currently, I fill a 90L bucket with water, treat it, and, just before I need to add it to the tank, add ~4-5 kettle loads of water to bring it to the right temperature.

This is time consuming and, worse, I’m adding untreated water.

I’m looking for a way to heat the water without electricity (because it’s left outside).

I looked into battery powered heaters but they wouldn’t work very well with such a high wattage required.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, as soon as I posted this I realised the solution. Use a dolly, put the 90L tub on it, wheel into the garage, put in Aquarium heater, leave for 24 hours. Then wheel dolly out to tank, use water. No kettle and no untreated water. Woo.

WRWAquarium

I just use hot and cold water from the tap and mix till its roughly the same temp. I usually drop 1 degree at water changes which hasn't been an issue. Dechlorinated before adding obviously.

devsi

I just use hot and cold water from the tap and mix till its roughly the same temp. I usually drop 1 degree at water changes which hasn't been an issue. Dechlorinated before adding obviously.
Without going into the reasons why, I can only use my cold water tap.

I managed to realise the solution after posting (adding an Edit to the OP) :)

Thank you for your suggestion :)

WRWAquarium

Glad you got the solution sorted :)

Sofiafish17

What temp is the tank it goes into, and what fish are in it? I saw an interesting conversation on KGTropicals about fish myths that said you really don’t need to heat the water first. I know I never have, I have a tank at 79 and I just fill the bucket with water that feels the same temp as my tank water, testing with my hand. Let it sit for a moment, and put it in. This has always worked perfectly for me.
Here’s the video

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
AnnaEA
Replies
Views
Sorg67
Replies