Heating and thermometer placement in tank

cosminandrei01

Reaction score
So i have a small problem, in my 240 liters i have the input of the filter on the right backside corner of the aquarium and the outflow on the opposite side, the heater is right near te input and the thermometer is right bellow the output but the heater is set and calibrated at 25 celsius but the thermomether shows a constant of 27 celsius, i was thinking maybye the filter absorbing all the hot water from thre heater and throwing it right above the thermometer if maybe thats the cause and if thats it where can i put the thermometer to shoe an accurate reading

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I bought a digital thermometer online from China for cheap. Kind of like a scanner gun at a supermarket. When I mistrust in tank thermometer Readings I point and shoot and confirm :)

Burnout1620

Valued Member
Reaction score
I usually use those cheap digital thermometers at the furthest point from my heater when needed. My tanks all use the Fluval E series heaters (which are getting hard to find here in the US for some reason) and I’ve found the digital display on them to be very accurate so I don’t spot check them much anymore.

Bob79

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Maybe try putting the thermometer where there is little flow.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would swap them.

Heather at the outflow en thermometer elsewhere. In that way your not "heathing" the filter amd will the heath better be gradually divided

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom