Heaters

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. I just ordered 3 new Marineland Stealth Pro heaters. 250w. I wanted to upgrade due to the fact they come with led indicator lights. They glow red when they are heating and green when the selected temperature has been reached or surpassed the setting. My regular stealth heaters do not have the indicator lights. Although the ones I currently use are doing well and maintaining the temperature, having the indicator lights will help to ease my mind a bit. The Stealth Pros are also on sale at Drsfostersmith. Too, I used my December coupon for a free 4oz freeze dried krill. :) yeah!!!!
    I'll let everyone know how I like them once they arrive and see how well they function.
    Have a good day!
    Ken:animal0028:

2. namehater Well Known Member Member

what ya gonna do with the old heaters? seems like that is always something im in need of lol

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'd love at some point to change over to the pros.
    Imo, that's the only thing that was lacking with the stealths.
    Let us know how you like them. :)

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. I always like to have spare heaters. You never know when one may stop working. I'll keep y'all posted :)
    Ken

Edit: Order has been shipped.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

My heaters arrived! Yeah!!!!! I placed one in the tank today, I'll place another on Thursday and one on Friday. I really like the red and green indicator lights. Peace of mind! I received my free 4oz freeze dried krill too. My fish love it!
    Ken

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great Ken, let us know how you like the Pro.
    I agree, those lights give peace of mind.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lucy. I will. I'll do a review on Saturday or Sunday. Once I make sure they're all working properly.
    Ken

8. Regal Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the new heaters Ken! Are they going in the sump?

Is your coupon from the Foster and Smith little calendar? I got that one too!

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks Sue. I keep all of my heaters inside the tank. My sump is full of bio media. Yes I used my coupon from the little Drsfostersmith calendar :) Did you get your 2010 calendar Sue?
    Ken

10. Regal Well Known Member Member

I have it but it's in the bottom of my purse... you know the abyss lol. I seem to remember there were some good deals in it though.

So now that you are digital... some pics of that sump set-up would be awesome. Just a little project for you :)

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Coming right up :)
    Ken

12. Regal Well Known Member Member

You Da Man!

Can you take one of the holes drilled in the return too?

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

I posted them in a new thread Sue.
    Ken