Heaters For 55 Long

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’m combining 3 tanks into a 55 long (48 inches long) so I have two 100 watt heaters (Aqueon pro) from those tanks. Can I use those 2 heaters or should I buy one really big one?

Keith83

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I recently researched this because I just set up a 55 gallon tank about a month ago. If your house isn't cold all the time 200 watts should be enough. I stumbled upon a 300 watt that was a great deal so that's what I went with. I'd rather only have one heater taking up space personally, not to mention not having to use two outlets

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Keith83 said:
I recently researched this because I just set up a 55 gallon tank about a month ago. If your house isn't cold all the time 200 watts should be enough. I stumbled upon a 300 watt that was a great deal so that's what I went with. I'd rather only have one heater taking up space personally, not to mention not having to use two outlets
What filter are you using and where do you put the heater near it?

Keith83

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have 2 outside filters on the the back of the tank on opposite ends. I have an aquatech 30-60 gallon and a 10-20 gallon. I have the heater on the back in the middle so it gets the circulation from both filters.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom