heater

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by llfish, Dec 19, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Hi, I am looking for a heater for my 75g. I cant find Aqueons anywhere so I am looking at either a fluval heater or a Ehiem jagger heater. Any thoughts on this Jagger? And what wattage should i get. I am thinking 250-300W. And are these guys fully submersible?

Thanks again beautiful people!! Heck I dont do anything anymore without asking you guys first. :;shat

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Both are good brands. They should also be submersible. They will say fully submersible on the package. 300w can usually heat a 75 no problem, unless you've got a cold room.

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

Sweet ty Cichlidnut!

4. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I like the Eheim Jager's (I use them on both of my tanks). Fully submersible and can be calibrated. Only downside is they are quite big (long), and can sometimes be too big. Shouldn't be a problem in a 75 though.

For a 75, I'd go 250W, or the 300W if you have a coldish room.

Eheims are also rumoured to be more efficient than some of the others :;dk

5. JRC3

JRC3 Well Known Member Member

I have a 250w Jager in my 75g and it keeps the tank toasty even when I drop my heat down to 64 at night and when I'm not at home for extendrd periods.

6. Adam11

Adam11 New Member Member

id personally stay away from the fluval E series i just bought the 300 and it cant keep a steady temp in my 75 gal even with the recommended water flow.

7. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

If you have a sump I am all about Hydor inline heaters. They are awesome and as accurate as I have ever seen in a heater. My 75 stays dead on always - Hydor ETH 300 In-Line Heater 300 Watt. I am not a fan of glass heaters. They tend to be off where they are suppose to be.

8. callistra

callistra New Member Member

I think the black casing on the fluvals cause a problem because it restricts heat flow to the rest of the tank. I would at the very least monitor super carefully and place a bubbler underneath to distribute the heat.

I like Aqueon Pro, Jager and Marineland Visitherm myself.

9. OP
    OP
    llfish

Thank you for the advise on that fluval series, very good to know I liked their look but it does not sound worth the hassle. I am going to go with the Jager 300 w ty!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice