Question Heater Wattage Mystery

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I bought my used 30g it came with 2 heaters.

They're not submersible, so I would only use them in case of a heater malfunction emergency.

Can anyone tell me the wattage with the little information I can provide?
Also, if you have one of these, your opinions on them.

1) It's a Fritz PCB heater. The top is black. The dial has Low Medium and High settings (with little lines in between)

Under the top is says 110-120V 50-60Hz

It's made of glass and inside it says MP 103G 600V.
It has the attachment to hook on the side, so I'm sure it's not submersible.
It doesn't have a water level line.

2) This is a Penn-Plax. The top is brown with a red dial, it just has lines where you adjust the temp. On the top is says Therma flow PC.

Under the top is says 110-120V 50-60Hz

It's made of glass.
It has a high water line and attaches on the side, indicating it's not submersible.

On the cord it says 105 degrees (not the word, the symbol, but I couldn't find that on my keyboard) C.
It also has bunch of letters and number which seems to have no meaning.

Can anyone solve this mystery?

I'm going to be cycling my daughter's 10g using one of these heaters, so I'll be able to figure out where the dials need to be for the correct temp. (getting my sharpie ready. lol)

Thanks!

richard7467

Valued Member
Reaction score
if its not submersible hows it gonna heat the water? there should be a wattage in the instructions companies arnt aloud to sell electrical equipment without giving the voltage/wattage as far as i know have another a look or failing that try to google the company and see if your heaters details are there or phone the company direct. Cant come up with anything but that is what i would have done.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you re-read my post, you'll see they're HOB heaters, not fully submersible, but of course the heating element goes in the water.

You'll also see they came with a used tank I bought, therefore no instructions were included.
The voltage is listed on the heater, which also I included in my post.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom