Heater recommendation needed for 2.5 gallon tank

Leeman75

One of my current projects is to start up a 2.5 gallon Blue Dream shrimp tank. I'm not used to working with such a small tank, but looking forward to having some fun with this having just successfully implemented a Cherry Shrimp tank!

Has anyone had any success with a heater in a tank this small? I'd really like a recommendation or two.

BigManAquatics

I have found that the 10-15 watt mini bow heater or whatever it's called from Aqueon doesn't work too bad, same with the Top Fin betta heater, think it is 15watt as well. Drawbacks, they are both preset for 78.

Upvote 0

coralbandit

I use 50 watt heaters in my little 2 g tanks .
I am no longer buying Aqueon pros although they have been the only heater I have used in last 5+ years .
Now I get my heaters from Jehmco ;

TSHW-50

TSHW400-150p.jpg
50 watt
Titanium Submersible Heater
w/ 6’ cord - cord exits end of head
(requires controller)
$23.00

I use these now in muy 2-10g tanks with this InkBird ; Amazon.com: Inkbird Temperature Controlled Outlet Chick Temperature Controller Heater Controller for Refrigerator Aquarium Reptiles and Plants ITC-306T: Pet Supplies
Biggest thing is finding a heater that fits in the tank !

Upvote 0

ValkyrieLips

If you end up getting a heater over 20w you will definitely also need a thermostat like the one coralbandit linked. Very easy to overheat such a small tank if the heater malfunctions.

Upvote 0

Leeman75

Thank you for the suggestions! I'm trying to keep this tank set up as low-budget as possible as I have multiple projects in the mix right now, so I'm probably going to look for a lower wattage heater that fits the tank size-wise. There is a Nicrew 25 watt one that looks interesting as it's pretty small, and I really like the other Nicrew products that I've bought. I may go with that and eventually get one of the thermostats to keep it honest.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• gibsonfan2332
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
Replies
Views