Heater Question

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 21, 2006.

1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

The light in my heater has been turning on and off, and I was wondering if thats ok, or if I should buy a new heater.

2. JasonWell Known MemberMember

Thats perfectly normal, thats just the thermastadt turning the heater off when it has reached the desired temp, and when the temp drops below that it turns back on again. You dont have to buy a new heater thats how a heater works

3. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

k, thanks

4. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Keep an eye on your temperature though and make sure you aren't having major fluctuations, or the light is on constantly, yet your temperature is very low. Mine did that and I had to replace it.

5. mistycheriValued MemberMember

I bought a small Whisper heater for 5-15 gal. tanks, for my 5 gal. tank. It's just like the one I have in my ten gal. tank except that it's a preset heater that keeps the temp. at 78 degrees. It doesn't flicker on and off like the bigger heater does. I like that better.

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

It probably is just as big as your other heater or bigger and only has to work half as hard as the other one, and has a smaller space to heat up, that's why it doesn't do that.

7. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

In my heater instructions is says that the heater is very sensitive so it will flicker on and off if it is working properly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice