Heater Over Background

bettaf1sh 7789

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded my hermit crabs from a 20 tall to a 20 long and I put background along the back and sides of the tank, I’m wondering, when I put the UTH on the side, should I put it under the background or can I put it over the background? The UTH has no adhesive and I’ve used it on multiple tanks, I just tape it, I’ve already got it taped over the background and it’s staying on fine. It’s pretty old, so nowadays it doesn’t get super hot, definitely not hot enough to come anywhere near burning my skin, so I don’t think it’d melt the background, so would it be an issue to just put it on top?

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just upgraded my hermit crabs from a 20 tall to a 20 long and I put background along the back and sides of the tank, I’m wondering, when I put the UTH on the side, should I put it under the background or can I put it over the background? The UTH has no adhesive and I’ve used it on multiple tanks, I just tape it, I’ve already got it taped over the background and it’s staying on fine. It’s pretty old, so nowadays it doesn’t get super hot, definitely not hot enough to come anywhere near burning my skin, so I don’t think it’d melt the background, so would it be an issue to just put it on top?
That's hard to answer without knowing what your background is made out of. And pictures of how you've set it up would help.

bettaf1sh 7789

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's hard to answer without knowing what your background is made out of. And pictures of how you've set it up would help.
Just the standard background roll stuff you find at petco. I went ahead and plugged the heater in last night, and no issues, so I think it’s probably fine

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom