Heater issues

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by freak78, Dec 15, 2012.

1. freak78

freak78Well Known MemberMember

So I've had my tank up and running for 2 months now. I've noticed in the last few weeks my tank temperature is not staying stable. There's like a 5 degree swing from 75 to 80 degrees. Seems like I'm always adjusting it. So I'm gonna replace it. It was the one that came with my marineland aquarium kit. From what I've been reading it seems like the aqueon pro is a good unit. Don't know if I want to order one of them titanium deals if that aqueon will be just as good. Plus I don't really want a glass, one I've broke those in the past.

2. LyleBWell Known MemberMember

I have the Aqueon Pro in my 29 gal. I got it based on the high praise it gets here on the forum. Mine has worked well over the past couple of months. The only problem is that the green indicator light quit working within a few weeks, not a big deal.

I don't know if it works any better than any other decent heater I've bought over the years.

3. chevyguy8893Well Known MemberMember

The 50 watt aqueon pro that I have maintain temperature with next to no fluctuations in the temperature. I have one in my 10 (as of last night from a failed 2 month old fluval), and one in my 20 gallon. The 20 gallon does not have any problems maintaining 78F in 60-65F surroundings. Plus, the lifetime warranty makes it worthwhile. So far I am very happy with the heater's performance and safety, and it is much easier to hide than the glass heaters.

4. OP
    OP
    freak78

Gonna have to go to Pet Haven and get one then.

5. JRC3

JRC3Well Known MemberMember

I see it is a 200w on a 55g. How cold does your house get?

Either way I would go up in wattage on the heater if you replace it.

Or/and I would take the heater back and have it replaced. Never hurts to have a spare.

6. OP
    OP
    freak78

I'm gonna use this one as a spare and use the pro. The house is about 68 degrees. The 200w worked find just not consistent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice