Heater In Acclimation Bucket

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by JRS, Apr 22, 2017.

1. JRS

JRSWell Known MemberMember

Can I lay a heater on it side in an acclimation bucket? It is a glass tetra HT10 that is for a 2-10 gallon tank, I have about 1 1/2 gallons in the bucket.

2. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't, it might melt through the plastic. May I ask why you need to get the acclimation bucket?

3. OP
    OP
    JRS

I am putting fish into my QT and treating them for a short time in a paraguard bath and was worried it would get too cold. It is about 72 in the bucket right now and the tank is 76 plan to move them over in about 20 minutes.

4. Platylover

PlatyloverFishlore VIPMember

Others can chip in on whether this is a bad ide or not, but maybe try putting it I. A terracotta pot?

5. OP
    OP
    JRS

I think since it is almost time to move them I will add a bit of the warmer tank water in to bring the temp up a bit so it won't be such a change. Another time I can test in this or another bucket to be sure. Thanks for your help.

6. AvalancheDave

AvalancheDaveWell Known MemberMember

I've put heaters in buckets many times. As long as it's surrounded by water, it should be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice