10 Gallon Tank Heater for normans lampeye killfish and nerite snail?

joeyxl

Hello,

Ive been asking alot of questions on here as im trying to get my tank back in to order. Ive kinda have been going off one guy and im starting to not take his advice seriously anymore. I wanted to ask a group of people their opinions on what is best for my setup. If you look at my profile on the side you can see what my current tank is like. I have 3 norman lampeye killifish, and plan to get three more once my tank cycle is re-established. I also plan to get a nerite snail as well. My tank temperatures can go from 21-26 during the day, but is usually on the higher side. I have a 100W heater i dont use becuase i was told "you don't need a heater for most fish" and i want to see if that is incorrect for the fish i am keeping. Should i put it in? What temp in their range is best to set it at?
Many Thanks.

CrackerboxPalace

They will do best at a constant ~24-25 degrees, so put the heater in and set the thermostat to 24-25. Most fish in the aquarium should have a heater, not all though. As well as keeping the temperature in an ideal range for the fish, it will reduce the amount of fluctuation which will stress everyone in the tank out a lot. Good luck :)

Upvote 0

joeyxl

They will do best at a constant ~24-25 degrees, so put the heater in and set the thermostat to 24-25. Most fish in the aquarium should have a heater, not all though. As well as keeping the temperature in an ideal range for the fish, it will reduce the amount of fluctuation which will stress everyone in the tank out a lot. Good luck :)
hey Crackerbox, thanks for the response.

Ill use a heater then. One slight problem, i went to pop in the heater i have (pawfly 100W adjustable) and i let it sit in the tank for a few hours for the thermostat to get used to the temp, set it to 26c, it was on for a bit but it turned off and stayed off. the tank temp is the same as before if not colder (20c). I guess it's broken. Ill have to get a new one.

Upvote 0

CrackerboxPalace

hey Crackerbox, thanks for the response.

Ill use a heater then. One slight problem, i went to pop in the heater i have (pawfly 100W adjustable) and i let it sit in the tank for a few hours for the thermostat to get used to the temp, set it to 26c, it was on for a bit but it turned off and stayed off. the tank temp is the same as before if not colder (20c). I guess it's broken. Ill have to get a new one.
that's unlucky. yeah good plan to have a thermometer in the tank as well as the heater. I don't do that but I should.

Upvote 0

joeyxl

that's unlucky. yeah good plan to have a thermometer in the tank as well as the heater. I don't do that but I should.
I have a TDS meter that has a thermometer so I check it that way. I'm annoyed the heater is dead but what can you do. Another thing to add to the list...

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
joeyxl
Replies
Views
awilkinson871
  • Question
Replies
Views
joeyxl