Heater for betta

• Thread starter lucky123
  • Start date

lucky123

I was going to move my betta to his new 10 gallon tank today when I noticed the water was freezing! My heater randomly broke and I’ve only had it for one month! It’s very annoying because I leave for vacation soon and I don’t want to leave when he’s just gotten in his new tank incase there are any issues and by the time I order a new heater on Amazon or go out and buy one I won’t have time to transfer Lucky to his tank (I want to observe and make sure everything is good for a week). Anyway does anyone have any good (non breakable) betta heater suggestions for a 10 gallon? Would it be better to go with two smaller heaters incase one fails or would that overheat the tank? Thanks!!

marmaaa

Not sure if it would come in time but I have the Mylivell heaters from amazon in my 5g and 20g. My 5g has been running for a year smoothly and I just received one for my 20g!

Edit: I have a 50w and a 100w. For the 50w i got the one w/o the cover which is a long tube not the other 50w w/ cover.

lucky123

Ok thanks! I’ll definitely look into that!

marmaaa

lucky123 said:
Ok thanks! I’ll definitely look into that!
No problem I would recc the 50w without the cover for the 10g, 100w would be too much lol

FreshWaterHuman

I use Fluval M Series heater for my 10 gallon and it has been pretty reliable and feels premium construction wise. I actually went with 100 W only because it was only a few dollars more expensive and I figured it would have to work less hard to heat 10 gallons (not sure if it actually works that way or not ;) ).

lucky123

FreshWaterHuman said:
I use Fluval M Series heater for my 10 gallon and it has been pretty reliable and feels premium construction wise. I actually went with 100 W only because it was only a few dollars more expensive and I figured it would have to work less hard to heat 10 gallons (not sure if it actually works that way or not ;) ).
Ok thanks for the suggestion!

Vince3

The rule of thumb is 3-5 watts per gallon, so a 50-watt heater should be fine for a 10-gallon tank. If the room gets lower than 8-10 degrees of your desired water temperature, then you might need to go with a 75-watt heater. The heater's instructions should give you more info about that.

The Fluval M is a reputable heater. Eheim Jagers are popular too. I have a 50-watt Eheim Jager in my 10-gallon aquarium and am happy with it.

lucky123

Vince3 said:
The rule of thumb is 3-5 watts per gallon, so a 50-watt heater should be fine for a 10-gallon tank. If the room gets lower than 8-10 degrees of your desired water temperature, then you might need to go with a 75-watt heater. The heater's instructions should give you more info about that.

The Fluval M is a reputable heater. Eheim Jagers are popular too. I have a 50-watt Eheim Jager in my 10-gallon aquarium and am happy with it.
Ok thanks!

Top Bottom