Heater For 3.5 Gallon Tank? Is This One Alright?

hbgreenninja

Hello everybody,

First off, link to my current heater:

I’ve been reading that the heater I have isn’t that good. Recently, its been working great for my 3.5G . It keeps it at 80-82 consistently. My worry is that it will overheat my betta, as that's what I’ve read from some of the reviews. I notciced he was sleeping right on top of it. I don't think it’s because he was cold as the I have is on the opposite side of the tank and its reading 80-82. I just think its because its on the top of the tank, and he likes sleeping their for security much as a bird sleeps on a high perch, and the only other little hidey hole he has is his cave that's at the bottom. Anyway, to my main question, does anyone have any personal experience with this heater? Should I get rid of it? If so, what heaters could y’all reccomend for a 3.5G. I live in Texas and we keep our house at 78 during the day, so I rarely use it then. But I do use it in the mornings and evenings, but it cools off at night before we go to bed to around 74/72, and I want to run the heater but I’m worried that i’ll wake up to find a cooked fish. So again, if anyone has any personal experience of it working or being bad, or if y’all could reccomend me a new heater that would be much appricated.

Tank picture:

AB541453-C4E5-4184-87E3-DD00688ECDD2.jpeg

FishFor2018

I highly recommend this heater Marina Submersible Aquarium Heater
It’s cheap and so far I haven’t had any problems with it. My betta’s used to always sleep either behind the HOB filter or on the heater. I got the Betta hammocks and now they use those so maybe you want to get one. The only problem I see with the Betta hammocks is that sometimes it would cut their fins so I used some hot glue on the leaf so it wouldn’t.

hbgreenninja

I highly recommend this heater Marina Submersible Aquarium Heater
It’s cheap and so far I haven’t had any problems with it. My betta’s used to always sleep either behind the HOB filter or on the heater. I got the Betta hammocks and now they use those so maybe you want to get one. The only problem I see with the Betta hammocks is that sometimes it would cut their fins so I used some hot glue on the leaf so it wouldn’t.
Did you hot glue the entire leaf or sections as it degraded?

FishFor2018

Did you hot glue the entire leaf or sections as it degraded?
Just the sides because that’s what was hurting them

FishWithTim

My betta sleeps behind the heater or on the gravel. I've considered getting the betta hammock but I don't know if he'll use it. Guess I got to find out.

FishFor2018

My betta sleeps behind the heater or on the gravel. I've considered getting the betta hammock but I don't know if he'll use it. Guess I got to find out.
Yep I have three Betta’s and only one of them is on it a lot the others just kinda swim above it lol

FishWithTim

Yep I have three Betta’s and only one of them is on it a lot the others just kinda swim above it lol
I have 4.

FishWithTim

What are the chances a betta will use a hammock? The reason why I have not bought one because I am afraid mine won't use it.

FishFor2018

What are the chances a betta will use a hammock? The reason why I have not bought one because I am afraid mine won't use it.
They don’t have to have one. My Betta’s mostly hover in the tank or sit at the bottom. I would just add a taller ornament.
I have 4.
Lol I started out with GloFish and somehow ended up with 3 10 gallon tanks and an 8 gallon tank and now I’m getting another tank for another Betta lol. I have 3 betta’s, 4 fancy guppies, 3 GloFish, 4 Corydoras, and snails. And I still want more lol

AshleyBetta

I used to use that heater. It never overheated my tanks (if anything it underheated them), but the stupid thing stopped working after a couple months.

FishWithTim

They don’t have to have one. My Betta’s mostly hover in the tank or sit at the bottom. I would just add a taller ornament.

Lol I started out with GloFish and somehow ended up with 3 10 gallon tanks and an 8 gallon tank and now I’m getting another tank for another Betta lol. I have 3 betta’s, 4 fancy guppies, 3 GloFish, 4 Corydoras, and snails. And I still want more lol
I know they don't have to have one. It'd be nice! I was asking what are the chances they use it not need it.

FishFor2018

I know they don't have to have one. It'd be nice! I was asking what are the chances they use it not need it.
that's kind of a random guess because they all have different personalty's but i'd say about 4 out of every 10 betta's will use it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Algonquin
  • Question
Replies
Views
isabeldiwata
Replies
Views
kimsch1005