Heater for 29g

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
Can anyone recommend an adjustable heater for a 29g? Thanks!

Betta'sAnonymous

For adjustables i have so far only used Aqueon and Top Fin and had no problems with them(besides my wife frying a Top Fin). I have a couple 200w Marineland heaters on order for a 45g.

Personally i would go with 100-150w adjustable with whatever brand you go with.

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
For adjustables i have so far only used Aqueon and Top Fin and had no problems with them(besides my wife frying a Top Fin). I have a couple 200w Marineland heaters on order for a 45g.

Personally i would go with 100-150w adjustable with whatever brand you go with.
I'll look for one in that range.

CTYankee79

I like the Fluval E series, they also have a digital readout of the temp right on them, and it turns colors if it deviates from the selected temp. I compare the temp reading to the thermometer in the tank once a day and it’s always spot on.

AcornTheBetta

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Really, there is only one way to find out. I have never used it personally, but i have looked at them a few times and seriously considered them. Still may decide on one for some tank or another.
Ok. I think I'll try that one.

AngieKay3000

Thanks for this. I have the Aqueon Pro150 adjustable heater. And it’s so off on the temp scale on the heater. My thermometer is at least 5-6 degrees below what heater is set on. Scares me sometimes wondering if it’s going to heat more and actually get to “set” temp (88+?) and harm my tank residents. But it stays at 82 per the thermometer. Heater is set on 88.

Going to look into Fluval.

AcornTheBetta

AngieKay3000 said:
Thanks for this. I have the Aqueon Pro150 adjustable heater. And it’s so off on the temp scale on the heater. My thermometer is at least 5-6 degrees below what heater is set on. Scares me sometimes wondering if it’s going to heat more and actually get to “set” temp (88+?) and harm my tank residents. But it stays at 82 per the thermometer. Heater is set on 88.

Going to look into Fluval.
I ended up getting the ViaAqua Quartz 200W heater and it works perfectly. Highly recommend that brand of heaters.

AcornTheBetta

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom