Heater For 29 Gallon?

David894

Hello all, any recommendations for a heater for a 29 gallon tank? The one that came with my top fin starter kit is garbage, inconsistent, dial broke.

sassymomma

I like the ehiem jaager 100 watt. I’ve had it over a year, no fluctuations

I have a topfin heater on another tank, which has been stable, but took a few days to calibrate due to the knob-style setting. It’s ok....but the jaager is the one I’d recommend

David894

I like the ehiem jaager 100 watt. I’ve had it over a year, no fluctuations

I have a topfin heater on another tank, which has been stable, but took a few days to calibrate due to the knob-style setting. It’s ok....but the jaager is the one I’d recommend
Thank you, and yeah it seems a lot of people like them.

spencergarl1

I have the Aqueon submersible 150 it has an easy to read dial and I’ve never had an fluctuation

David894

I have the Aqueon submersible 150 it has an easy to read dial and I’ve never had an fluctuation
Is it an Aqueon Pro 150w? I’ve heard other people recommend that too I think

JeffK

I'll second the Aqueon Pro heaters - very reliable!

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
Can anyone recommend an adjustable heater for a 29g? Thanks!

BigManAquatics

For adjustables i have so far only used Aqueon and Top Fin and had no problems with them(besides my wife frying a Top Fin). I have a couple 200w Marineland heaters on order for a 45g.

Personally i would go with 100-150w adjustable with whatever brand you go with.

AcornTheBetta

For adjustables i have so far only used Aqueon and Top Fin and had no problems with them(besides my wife frying a Top Fin). I have a couple 200w Marineland heaters on order for a 45g.

Personally i would go with 100-150w adjustable with whatever brand you go with.
I'll look for one in that range.

CTYankee79

I like the Fluval E series, they also have a digital readout of the temp right on them, and it turns colors if it deviates from the selected temp. I compare the temp reading to the thermometer in the tank once a day and it’s always spot on.

AcornTheBetta

Really, there is only one way to find out. I have never used it personally, but i have looked at them a few times and seriously considered them. Still may decide on one for some tank or another.
Ok. I think I'll try that one.

AngieKay3000

Thanks for this. I have the Aqueon Pro150 adjustable heater. And it’s so off on the temp scale on the heater. My thermometer is at least 5-6 degrees below what heater is set on. Scares me sometimes wondering if it’s going to heat more and actually get to “set” temp (88+?) and harm my tank residents. But it stays at 82 per the thermometer. Heater is set on 88.

Going to look into Fluval.

AcornTheBetta

Thanks for this. I have the Aqueon Pro150 adjustable heater. And it’s so off on the temp scale on the heater. My thermometer is at least 5-6 degrees below what heater is set on. Scares me sometimes wondering if it’s going to heat more and actually get to “set” temp (88+?) and harm my tank residents. But it stays at 82 per the thermometer. Heater is set on 88.

Going to look into Fluval.
I ended up getting the ViaAqua Quartz 200W heater and it works perfectly. Highly recommend that brand of heaters.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Scrappygirl93
  • Heater
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics