10 Gallon Tank Heater for 10 gallon

Birbfish
Hi! I posted a thread on this last night but didn't get many replies and I am still not sure what to do about it. I was wondering what sort of heater to get. The reviews online for heaters are often 50/50 some saying it's wonderful and some saying it broke in the water. I recently got a new 10 gallon for my betta and have everything I need to set it up except for a heater. I would like an adjustable heater. Any ideas? (Links are appreciated <3) Thanks!

Loves! :cat:

Dewclaw83
bettalover0Z said:
Hi! I posted a thread on this last night but didn't get many replies and I am still not sure what to do about it. I was wondering what sort of heater to get. The reviews online for heaters are often 50/50 some saying it's wonderful and some saying it broke in the water. I recently got a new 10 gallon for my betta and have everything I need to set it up except for a heater. I would like an adjustable heater. Any ideas? (Links are appreciated <3) Thanks!

Loves! :cat:
I love aqueon's 50W heaters for my tanks! They can do up to 20gallons, but are perfect for a 10!

If you want a preset heater, they're slightly cheaper ( ), but while the adjustable one costs more, and is larger, I have to say having the flexibility is nice ( ).

I've got several of both for my various tanks (I actually don't have any non-aqueon heaters lol) but I've never had an issue with this size heater (their "5 gallon" ones... not so much. hate those)

Birbfish
Thanks! How many watts should I get for a 10 gallon?

LanceDog
Aqueon, Marineland or Eheim Jager are all safe bets. Beware of any chinese knock off junk on amazon with engrish in the description.

TWiG87
A 50 or 75 watt will serve you just fine.
I’ve run both
Aqueon and Eheim Jager and have no complaints with either.

LanceDog
bettalover0Z said:
Thanks! How many watts should I get for a 10 gallon?
50 watts will do

Birbfish
Alright! Thanks.

Birbfish
I have one more question... I have a heater in my 3.5 gallon that works perfectly but I don't remember if it is a 50 watt one or not, if so would it work for a 10 gal if it was in a 3.5?

Birbfish
Update: realized after a while my hydor is set at 78f and the tank seems to be 82-81f so i decided a new heater would be a nice change. I also found a fairly good looking heater similar to the ones you guys were telling me about anyone have any negative thoughts on this guy or should i give it a go?

Latest threads

Top Bottom