1 Gallon Tank Heater for 1 gallon?

JamesVader

Can anyone recommend a good heater for a one gallon setup?

BigManAquatics

They usually have little flat heaters at petco that are about 20 or 30 watts i think. Or like one of those mini heaters that aqueon or petsmart have that are about 15 watts.

Upvote 0

sinned4g63

Can anyone recommend a good heater for a one gallon setup?
Any of Aqueons Mini heaters should work just fine most being rater at 5w for 2 gallons. You could also look into a Deep Blue Heat Stik. Both of these options are around $10-$15

Edit: Go bigger if anything, something rated for a 5 gallon would be plenty and probably around the same price with much more wattage.

Upvote 0

JamesVader

Have any of you had one of those mini heaters by aqueon? Some of the reviews say it gets to hot?

Upvote 0

The_fishy

I have the mini and use it with a thermostat since it does get hotter than advertised.

Upvote 0

JamesVader

I have the mini and use it with a thermostat since it does get hotter than advertised.
What kind of thermostat?

Upvote 0

sinned4g63

I have a flat mini 7.5 watt rated for gallons that is pretty steady around 76-78, but it is also in a 3 gallon so probably at it's limit. I do also have the Deep Blue heat stik but have since retired it to be used in a quarantine tank.

Upvote 0

Jenay

Any of Aqueons Mini heaters should work just fine most being rater at 5w for 2 gallons. You could also look into a Deep Blue Heat Stik. Both of these options are around $10-$15

Edit: Go bigger if anything, something rated for a 5 gallon would be plenty and probably around the same price with much more wattage.

A few months ago I had one of the little flat aqueon heaters go nuts after a couple weeks working well. Got up one morning and felt heat coming off the tank. Checked the temp with two different thermometers, and it came up at 94.1 on the first, 96 on the second. If you use a heater in a tank that small, be sure you have a thermometer you can read at a glance in the tank at all times. Based on the Amazon reviews for that particular heater, it's not an unusual problem.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

A few months ago I had one of the little flat aqueon heaters go nuts after a couple weeks working well. Got up one morning and felt heat coming off the tank. Checked the temp with two different thermometers, and it came up at 94.1 on the first, 96 on the second. If you use a heater in a tank that small, be sure you have a thermometer you can read at a glance in the tank at all times. Based on the Amazon reviews for that particular heater, it's not an unusual problem.
Yeah i tried one of those flat heaters before. Took me a whole 3 days before i launched it into a dumpster.

Upvote 0

JamesVader

I kind of forgot to keep you guys up to date, but I found this heater on Amazon and was skeptical because there were no reviews. This thing has been working just great! If anyone still wants one you could try this one
Elive Micro Heater Amazon.com : Elive Micro Heater : Pet Supplies it’s also really small

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
55 Gallon Tank Heater help
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
  • Dillan Murphy
  • Heater
Replies
Views