Heater doesn't work, am I doing something wrong?

Bleu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello all,

New to these forums, I bought a new heater for my aquarium, Aqueon 50 watt, and another small one that isn't the adjustable knob, but.. It's Aqueon.

I just wanted to know how do I get this working? I broke the smaller one clearly 3 days ago from just popping it in there, so I bought the 50 watt one today, what I did was, put the 50 watt heater in the aquarium and let it sit for 25 minutes near the filter so there is water flow, I set the heater to 76.. After it sat for 25 minutes, I plugged it in but no light went on?

Please help.

Thanks
I have a 5 gallon aquarium. No fish in it yet.

Big Red

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Try clicking it up more to see if light comes on.
Find a thermometer or use existing one to see what temp is. Sometimes heaters may off by a few degrees. If you turn it and no light comes on keep turning u til it does if it never co es on you may have a faulty one.

If you have it plugged into a gcfi make sure its not flipped. Same for surge protector make sure its reset.

Bleu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a thermometer in the tank but it hasn't moved the temp since I got it, I will check, do I move the heater up a little? It's on a 90 degree angle.

Big Red

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When I say turn I mean turn the dial to make tank warmer.turn the knob until it comes on to see if the indicator light works.

Bleu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I cranked it up to 88 degrees just to see if it will turn on, the light didn't budge, so now I'm waiting (right now), to see if it'll start to heat up later...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom