Heater crack?

Sanchez5296

I have an oase heater and I have noticed some lines and a round area that look weird. The lines look more like superficial scratches. How do I make sure it isn't a crack?

John58ford

If you are worried worried, replace it. If you think it's just sand scratched use thermodynamics to test it. Heat expands, cold shrinks. Put it in a bucket of cold tap water, turn it on and let it run for a day to heat the water, there will be plenty of good long power cycles to get it hot and push any air out of it has a crack. After the heating cycle unplug it for an hour to make sure the glass isn't hot then swap the warm water for cold, this will cool the heater and it sounds draw water in, if it has a leak.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

If you're worried about it being cracked i wouldn't hesitate to replace it. Life is too short to be worried about a heater!

Does look more like a scratch to me as well

Upvote 0

Sanchez5296

Update: does no feel like a crack at all looks scratched
If you're worried about it being cracked i wouldn't hesitate to replace it. Life is too short to be worried about a heater!

Does look more like a scratch to me as well
Probably should have checked it out before posting, but it does not look cracked but more so scratched when seen closely

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Mseverson07
  • Heater
Replies
Views
aquatickeeper
Replies
Views
davey0
  • Question
Replies