Heater cover needed?

AcornTheBetta

Hi all!
I was wondering if I need a heater cover for my heater? I will try to prevent it from coming in contact with plants, but I cannot guarantee that they won't touch. The heater is a Via Aqua Quartz 50W heater. I could order a cover for it if that is necessary. Thanks!

BigBeardDaHuZi

AcornTheBetta said:
Hi all!
I was wondering if I need a heater cover for my heater? I will try to prevent it from coming in contact with plants, but I cannot guarantee that they won't touch. The heater is a Via Aqua Quartz 50W heater. I could order a cover for it if that is necessary. Thanks!
The heater cover is mostly for protection from rambunctious fish - like Oscars - that might take that little yellow light as a personal offense and try to dispatch the offensive tube with malice aforethought.

But it is also a nice buffer for plants, wandering fish who aren't bent on destruction, and the occasional fish keepers hand.

Personally, I like them. I've had shattered heaters before. Luckily, nobody and nothing got hurt or fried, but it is an experience I'd like not to repeat. You are probably fine without, but it is up to you.

AcornTheBetta

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
The heater cover is mostly for protection from rambunctious fish - like Oscars - that might take that little yellow light as a personal offense and try to dispatch the offensive tube with malice aforethought.

But it is also a nice buffer for plants, wandering fish who aren't bent on destruction, and the occasional fish keepers hand.

Personally, I like them. I've had shattered heaters before. Luckily, nobody and nothing got hurt or fried, but it is an experience I'd like not to repeat. You are probably fine without, but it is up to you.
Ok. Do you have any recommendations for heater covers?

KribensisLover1

Hahaha I’ve never heard that fish will attack the heater! So funny in theory tho not in reality I’m sure

BigBeardDaHuZi

So
AcornTheBetta said:
Ok. Do you have any recommendations for heater covers?
Sorry, my heaters have mostly all come with them lately. They shouldn't be too expensive though. It is just a plastic sleeve. Good plastic, but nothing complicated.

Acorn, I thought you were doing a cold water tank. Did you change, or am I thinking of a different tank?

From what I remember of your tank, I don't think ithe sleeve would be too high a priority. Brushing the heater occasionally won't hurt anything

AcornTheBetta

BigBeardDaHuZi said:
So
Sorry, my heaters have mostly all come with them lately. They shouldn't be too expensive though. It is just a plastic sleeve. Good plastic, but nothing complicated.

Acorn, I thought you were doing a cold water tank. Did you change, or am I thinking of a different tank?

From what I remember of your tank, I don't think ithe sleeve would be too high a priority. Brushing the heater occasionally won't hurt anything
This is my betta's 5g. not the 29. I think I'll get it.

BigBeardDaHuZi

AcornTheBetta said:
This is my betta's 5g. not the 29. I think I'll get it.
It certainly can't hurt anything. I kindof like the looks of them better anyways

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom