Heated Outdoor Pond

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by SaveThemAll1, Apr 14, 2018.

1. SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

Hi , i live in Israel, winter temp average around 13C and the coldest days may reach 0 C a few lonley days a year. I want to build an outdoor heated pond for big tropical fish like paco's and large catfish.
    Im trying to gather info on methodes for building and maintaining it, materials,heater types and estimated cost.Estimated size will be aroung 15,000 liter From the reasearch i did so far, the most importent thing is to isolate the surface ,so i was thinking of building some kind of a greenhouse "tent" that will cover the pool. I would appreciate any advice and info, Thank you!

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Definently build ig in ground, as the soil of the earth will help insulate it. Another thing a would suggest is to have areas where its 3ft (90cm) deep or more, as the deeper areas during the winter will help retain heat.

3. OP
    OP
    S

SaveThemAll1Valued MemberMember

It will be in the ground and im plannig to make it deep, around 1 meter also beacause its for big fish. Do you have any info on heaters? TY

4. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice