Heat Packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navyscuba, Apr 4, 2010.

1. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

I will be starting shipping soon and need to know if anyone had any inputs on Heat packs for shipping Fish. I have been looking on aquabid but need some input first. Thanks. :happy0034:

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Navy,

I hope you and your family had a great weekend. I'm sure Shawnie or MM can help you out with the heat packs. I think they're pretty cool the way they work. I've only seen the one that came with my boy Wriggley from MM. Wish I could you more!

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

We had a good weekend. The wife spent the whole day yesterday doing cupcakes because she did way too much mix. I don't know what She was thinking. I think She thought She was making a birthday cake. Hahaha. She didn't want to go to waste so She made a bunch and we are gonna take some to her friend today. Thanks Ken I'm sure one of them will post some around.

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

has GREAT deals on heat packs....not sure how much longer you will need them though :)

5. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks Shawnie. I have some people from NY that want to buy all my Angels and I have been looking at the weather there is a bit warmer that what was a few weeks ago but don't know should I put some?

6. Shawnie

I just shipped (overnight)from here to the south...I did NOT use heat pads......extra newspaper and Styrofoam was what I did as it was in the 70s during the day....if you are doing overnight shipping, I wouldnt use them....anything more than overnight, you might consider it....just get the 20 hour heat packs...

7. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

K thanks. That help a lot. :;hug2

8. Shawnie

hope so :) kens has a TON of shipping/breeding etc supplies..and hes fast shipping ....hope things work out well!!!!!! but if you arent shipping within the next week or so, I dont think you need heat packs :;hug2

9. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I buy my heat packs on Aquabid.....You have to be very careful how you use them as they can cook a fish in no time....I just had my 1st DOA and I'm pretty sure it was heat pack related..

10. OP
    OP
    navyscuba

Thanks. I think I won't be needing them. Since I probably ship this week. Waiting for the guy to answer a mail. To see if is ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice