Healthy Wcmms?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CloudKeeper, Jul 12, 2017.

1. CloudKeeper

CloudKeeperValued MemberMember

Hey folks,

My 10gal tank just went through a mini cycle without too much trouble. However me being my paranoid self, I thought my four White Cloud Mountain Minnows' eyes were bulging a little. So I decided to ask you guys for a check-up since I'm still fairly new to the hobby.

I have a few pictures below (captured with my phone), I can get my hands on a better camera if they are too grainy.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. BuddyD

BuddyDWell Known MemberMember

They seem ok to me but I think you're going to be a daddy before long.

3. sassymomma

sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

Yup, she's egg laden

Their colours look great, so I don't think health is a problem.....got any torpedo shaped boys in there to fertilize the eggs? If not, they'll just stay fat looking

4. OP
    OP
    CloudKeeper

I used to have two males, but I had to euthanize them when a strain of Columnaris hit the tank a few months ago. Before they died, though, about 8-10 fry popped up..I couldn't make any infusoria in time and they didn't seem to like the crushed fish-food so they ended up dying. :'c
    Is it safe for the eggs to stay there for who knows how long?

5. sassymomma

sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

It didn't hurt my four when I had them. They just stayed fat looking. I think they just release eggs if un mated?

6. OP
    OP
    CloudKeeper

Alright, cool. Thanks for the info. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice