Healthy, Or No?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by sassymomma, Apr 16, 2018.

1. sassymomma

sassymomma Well Known Member Member

I want to make sure that everything is cool before bringing in new fish, after losing some guppies. I don’t know if they were deceased, or fell to a combination of crashed cycle and stress. Opening them to dropsy and fungas (treated the fungas in qt) IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2224.JPG IMG_2223.JPG

I have one strong little fry, and this female left from my former school

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

The only ovious thing i see i some fin rot. Treat with a herbal medication and add in some indian almond leaves to help. Make sure your water is clean.

3. OP
    OP
    sassymomma

sassymomma Well Known Member Member

Excellent. The fin rot is the result of the cycle crash, and is improving already. She was pretty tattered a few days ago. I'll keep up with the water changes and consider my next move. Right now it's only her and a juvenile male as schooling fish. I'll probably get a couple more females, and a different fish to go in with them. Not too worried about breeding- I've had the guppies for months now, and no breeding- so unless this juvenile turn out to be especially prolific...I shouldn't be handing too many fry back to the pet store.

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

sounds good. Just a little correction, guppies are shoaling fish and not schooling. that means they don't form tight groups.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice