Healthy Mollies

Discussion in 'Molly' started by bolivianbaby, Apr 17, 2010.

1. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

We lose every molly we bring home. Out of 10, I have one left. We lost some during my daughter's tank crisis several months ago and all but one when my 55g tank leaked and I had to repair it.

My daughter loves them, but I can't find any on Aquabid. My two favorite LFS's don't carry them and I refuse to buy from our local Petsmart or Petco's due to issues I've had with their stock.

Does anyone know of another source to get healthy mollies?

2. josh11551Well Known MemberMember

i could start trying to work somethin out with my LFS(kinda pricey though if you want them that bad.(like $3.00 or $2.50 each :eek:)

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Thanks for the offer Josh, but that is pretty expensive, plus the shipping. I'd pay that if they didn't have to be shipped, but not plus shipping.

I really appreciate it, though:;hug2

4. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

I've had good luck with my two new Mollies. And I agree that paying about $2 a fish, but $30 for shipping doesn't really make sense.

You might see if your LFS will order you some or see if there are any breeders or clubs you could get some from.

5. NostrathomasNew MemberMember

I wish I could help you out, I have the opposite problem, too many of them:(

6. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

7. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I'm having my official "parental moment" of the week. I just called one of my favorite LFS and they do carry them. I have to be careful when I'm in there because they have so many healthy species, so I guess that's why I missed them when I was there. I try to go in, get what I came for, and leave so I don't end up bringing home something that I don't have room for. Yes, that is possible with 31 tanks;D

Thanks, I wish you could, too.

Not plain, boring mollies. She has some hard to find livebearers that I'm hoping spawn for her soon (for her sake and mine). I love her fish! They're so healthy and colorful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice