Healing damage on nerite's shell?

BuroKori
I am new to owning a tank, I got my shrimp tank set up following instructions from online and the fish store owner I bought the shrimps and snail from. The shrimps seem to be fine and happy, but the snail has some shell damage from when I bought it.

Screenshot_20210124-132526_Photos~2.jpg

- The snail did have this damage on its shell when I bought it. But I would like to help my snail with it, I have had the snail in the tank for 3 days.
- I have 5 shrimps and 1 nerite snail and am getting 5 more shrimp later this week.
- The tank has been cycled and the shrimps and snail have been temperature acclimated.
- tank is 6 gallons at 21 degrees celcius with a sponge filter.
- I don't know the water paramiters as the fish store owner told me to just use cold tap water (we live in the same town).

Does feeding snails spinach help them? Or should I get calcium for it?

Picture of the 5 shrimps

20210122_093034.jpg

richiep
That damage you see there is probably from its time in shipping to the store, until the snail as time to settle with its new water you won't know without testing if your water is OK, if its not you will see the shell errors and Pitt, you can try him on spinach or broccoli, any veg come to that if they take to it that will help them greatly in conditioning,
For now try the veg and watch how he goes
Your shrimp will also benefit from cooked veg

BuroKori
richiep said:
That damage you see there is probably from its time in shipping to the store, until the snail as time to settle with its new water you won't know without testing if your water is OK, if its not you will see the shell errors and Pitt, you can try him on spinach or broccoli, any veg come to that if they take to it that will help them greatly in conditioning,
For now try the veg and watch how he goes
Your shrimp will also benefit from cooked veg
I will try, thanks for the help

richiep
If yourconcerned at all theres always someone about

Latest threads

Top Bottom