He only wants peas! Help plz

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i am sorry to keep asking so many questions but - ever since i did that pea treatment to get Oscar going again - he won't eat anything else - he won't eat his pellets he won't eat his tubiflex cubes all he wants is peas. he goes around he down looking all around the bottom looking for pea chunks - which aren't even there. i am worried about him. any one have any idea? Miley

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just cut down on the amount of time you give him peas. Not every day. He is being spoiled and needs to have a bit more control put over his feeding habits. Please do stop giving him Tubifex worms as they are not a good source of food for him and do not supply the amount of protein that he needs. He needs to eat betta food and bloodworms. (and peas about 2 to 3 times a week) If you find that he won't eat his supper or breakfast just let him go without eating, it will not hurt him and he needs to learn that peas will be a treat and not a diet. It will make him sick to eat nothing but peas even though I have never seen but one betta who did not love them (Marty of course). It is like candy to them and what child will not eat candy every meal if you let them. You have to be the parent and say NO if you do not want the meal you are given then you are not hungry enough and we will skip this meal. It truly is for their own good and not being mean. If you had a child you would have to do the same and they are really like children and will push you to see where their limits are. He will come around when he sees he cannot get his way all the time.

You know how to do this so please do the best for him and offer the food and if he decides not to eat then do not give in to him. I hope this helps you.

Rose

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ok thank you - so basically you have to treat them like your child in the way of ( not just spoiling ) but like raising them too? thnx, Miley

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes you have to be a responsible parent, not being abusive but being firm about what you give them to eat and how much so they do not overeat or eat the wrong things.

Rose

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ok nice but firm... ok thank you. Miley

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom