he-LLo and Welcome All!

1. FishFan Member Member

he-llo Everyone. I have years of dog experience and knowledge. It's Fish that is new to me and what brought me to FishLore. The wealth of information here is wonderful, as well as the members. :) I also have a dog, Brandee, who is a 5 1/2 year old Golden Retriever. I also have to post under the 'cats' catergory ;) My hopes for more than just the Fish catergories is to help expand our community here at FishLore and also to connect with fish lovers and all animal lovers in general...to create more connections with others.
    Enjoy Your Visit...and visit often!

2. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Re: Hello and Welcome All!

Hey Fishfan!
    Can we have a "pooch page" for pics of our pups?

Thanks ;D

3. FishFan Member Member

Re: hecko and Welcome All!

We can add photos right here, to our posts, I believe. Let me try :) Nope, but you can put your pics at a few sites-or if you have your own-and right click on your pics and add the properties between the imgs here. Let me try that once. I then can help others in doing the same ;)

This is Brandee-Well-my website host took a dump on me...I'll repost her pic soon. :mad:

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ok then, this is my puppy ::) She's so pretty.
    clear.gif

5. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Hey guys - cute dogs. Miss Mouse, is your dog an Akita?

6. FishFan Member Member

Miss Mouse-she is adorable! What kind is she? Name? Age? I rated her pic, too :D A 10, of course!!!

7. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Thank you - we were told she's an akita but then we met a real akita and my dog, Kumi, is much smaller and much fluffier so she might be an akita crossed with a chow? Nobody really knows much about age etc the vet says about 2 years old but she was a rescue dog so her past is pretty vague.

8. FishFan Member Member

Congrats (and a HUGE pat on the back for a rescue)! I used to do rescue and it's a tough, tough job. Whenever I hear of someone wanted a new dog (pet), I always strongly suggest visiting a shelter first! Again-she sure is a cutie!!! Thanks for sharing.

9. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

We've only ever had rescue dogs - about 15 of them so far! In south africa we had a 2 acre plot so had a few dogs there :D You can tell they really appreciate a good house with people who care for them. We have hd a few probs with rescue dogs here in the UK (both have been quite vicious towards other dogs) but we got a large new fence and a muzzle and some training whcih helped.

10. Craig Well Known Member Member

that dog rules the show miss mouse its so class lookin i cant wait 2 get my own dog when i get my own place!!! :)

11. fletch Member Member

Its good to see someone with a proper dog for once. Everyone i see now has those horrible little ratty ones. Im sorry to anyone who has one but theyre just not the same, if they were a different species id be fine but theyre just not dogs. Ok finished. LOLZ

12. FishFan Member Member

My husband calls those kinds Footballs! LOL I had a Rat Terrier...either he lifted his leg & peed on everything or constantly tried to 'hump' out Golden ( pictured above)! He had to go. But, you may find, the bigger the pooch, the smaller they *think* they are ;)

13. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

HAHA yeah I call that short person sydrome - like me!. I have a theory that generally shorter people are much more feisty and willing to put up a fight, whereas the bigger the person, generally they're calmer. I reckon its the same with dogs... ;D

14. fletch Member Member

ha, yeah. theyre more footballs than dogs. good point!

15. FishFan Member Member

::) Figures someone would have to agree. LOL

16. fishphreak_4 Initiate Member

i have a shetland sheepdog. she is adorable :D but my digital camera is having malfunctions so i can't post it. sorry for interrupting your conversation by the way. and the akita is fabulous :eek: ! i love them!

17. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ahh I love shetlands - they're beautiful! Cant wait to see a pic! Thanks for the compliment about my pup ;D

18. mermaid Initiate Member

hey little dogs are just as great as big dogs. i have one of each and they are both as great and i REALLY hate it when ppl call little dogs rats. both my dogs are beautiful and i have rats aswell so i think i know that they are not even close. please stop calling the little ones ratty or football or ur head will be used as one lol!!!!!

19. Craig Well Known Member Member

lol yo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait 2 get me highland terrier when im older and labrador cant wait 2 get dogs when i get my own place

C W

20. effiefish Initiate Member

miss mouse rescoue dogs?

just from writing rescue dogs,i can tell wha..t a person you are... ::)