He Died Last Night

GoggleHat

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
After weeks of trying to preserve his life and looking all over for answers, he seemed like he could make it, but he didn't. I don't know why or how. I thought I did everything right. But this morning, seeing his motionless body drift lightly in the breeder box I used to protect him, I just........

I don't know. It's a fish, one that never seemed to like me, but I still failed once again. I hate burying things I care about. I don't know if I should even care for them at all.

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
After weeks of trying to preserve his life and looking all over for answers, he seemed like he could make it, but he didn't. I don't know why or how. I thought I did everything right. But this morning, seeing his motionless body drift lightly in the breeder box I used to protect him, I just........

I don't know. It's a fish, one that never seemed to like me, but I still failed once again. I hate burying things I care about. I don't know if I should even care for them at all.
You know mate, I'm new here and don't know everything, but I am getting started because we found a sick fish literally hanging in a bag on a dumpster handle. I must have read every site on the internet, I got medicines, water changes, everything. I went from zero to being able to name vital statistics on goldfish breeds and diseases. We called him Odin, he was a beautiful orange fantail. In spite of all our efforts, he died in a week. It was pretty upsetting. I resolved to try again, and use everything I'd learned to do it *right.* Every time you fail you learn, I've had 2 little goldies for a week now and was able to identify and treat gill flukes so fast because of all I'd read (including loads of info on here). I channeled my sadness into a drawing (that I'm using for my avatar). Take a break, let yourself think clear, make a wise approach and try again. And know your guy is swimming with mine somewhere

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom