He Died Last Night Important

1. GoggleHat

GoggleHat Member Member

After weeks of trying to preserve his life and looking all over for answers, he seemed like he could make it, but he didn't. I don't know why or how. I thought I did everything right. But this morning, seeing his motionless body drift lightly in the breeder box I used to protect him, I just........

I don't know. It's a fish, one that never seemed to like me, but I still failed once again. I hate burying things I care about. I don't know if I should even care for them at all.

2. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

I’m so very sorry for your loss. You did your very best.

3. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

So sorry for your loss.

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

My sincere condolences for your loss :(

5. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Condolences for your loss.

6. TheeLadyG

TheeLadyG Member Member

You know mate, I'm new here and don't know everything, but I am getting started because we found a sick fish literally hanging in a bag on a dumpster handle. I must have read every site on the internet, I got medicines, water changes, everything. I went from zero to being able to name vital statistics on goldfish breeds and diseases. We called him Odin, he was a beautiful orange fantail. In spite of all our efforts, he died in a week. It was pretty upsetting. I resolved to try again, and use everything I'd learned to do it *right.* Every time you fail you learn, I've had 2 little goldies for a week now and was able to identify and treat gill flukes so fast because of all I'd read (including loads of info on here). I channeled my sadness into a drawing (that I'm using for my avatar). Take a break, let yourself think clear, make a wise approach and try again. And know your guy is swimming with mine somewhere

Attached Files: