HC Cuba dwarf baby tears

jbsm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I planted 2 tissue culture pots of HC Cuba (dwarf baby tears) in my 15 gallon tank with Amazonia soil about a week ago I'm using 7000k led lighting and a CO2 injector Its grown a little bit so far and my question is should I trim it now to get it growing faster or wait a couple weeks to trim it?

Aqua Hero

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plant it in small clumps first then leave it for 2-3 weeks to grow a strong toot system. Then trim it.

Make sure you have sufficient stable levels of co2 AND good glow at the substrate level. If you miss either of these factors you will deal with algae and that never ends well

jbsm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you when I planted it I removed it from the cups and separated it into small clumps and planted them about an inch apart was that a mistake?

Aqua Hero

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It would be nice to see a picture to make it easier to judge.

It's good that you made then into smaller clumps. When I did it my small clumps were no bigger than the size of my finger prints

Aqua Hero

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice scape. You planted it good (but better than other people I've seen) though I still would have planted in much smaller clumps. For example, the area next to the cherry shrimp looks very thick. I would have split that onto 10 smaller clumps. That way you get faster growth and spread

jbsm

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you, do you think I should get another cup and fill in the gaps or trim it and wait for it to fill in?
Sorry about all the questions this is my first attempt with HC cuba

Aqua Hero

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No no. You don't need to buy anymore. Youre fine. Just trim it and let it fill in

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom