HB neon blue guppy color change

Doig

Hello,

I have always wondered if anyone has come across this with their strains. One of my female HB blue guppies have slightly changed her tail color to a slight red. The remaining siblings both male and female still stay true to showing the HB blue color. They are all 4/5 months old so I though they would already have had color maturation. And in my experience it is always this red hue that is the underlying color to randomly appear. Both the parents are phenotype HB neon blue so I can only assume that their was perhaps some cross with a red somewhere in the generation before the parents. In fact, I crossed a female sibling of the parents with a yellow snakeskin male and all but one of their first Gen off-springs expressed this red gene in their tails. First couple months were yellow tails with the HB body then after 4 months the males yellow tail was 75 % red.

Let me know if you guys ever come across this or thoughts. It would be nice to know that I am not in the dark with this. I find this to happen a lot with the blue strains.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore hope you get some responses today, a pic if you can get one would be good to see this colouration

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
caykuu
  • emeraldking
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
emeraldking
  • Question
  • Kevinthebreeder
  • Guppy