Having Issues Cleaning My Gravel

Jimmie93

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A while back I bought some guppies for a cross breeding project and recently the tank has exploded the whole bottom is covered with babies any idea how I can vacuum the gravel without sucking them in?

Gnor194

Reaction score
CheshireKat said:
Try putting a hair net or nylon stocking or something along those lines over the tube, or maybe stuff the tube with filter floss.
You can also apply, in addition to this method, for example, such a cleaning option . This will be safe and at the same time practical, as it will allow you to clean the tank thoroughly.

oldsalt777

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jimmie93 said:
A while back I bought some guppies for a cross breeding project and recently the tank has exploded the whole bottom is covered with babies any idea how I can vacuum the gravel without sucking them in?
Hello Jim...

Vacuuming the bottom material isn't necessary. That organic material that collects on the bottom is always dissolving in the tank water along with everything else that's in there. Just perform a water change and you'll remove whatever has dissolved. The more water you remove and replace the healthier the living conditions for the fish and plants.

Old

New Threads