Having babies!!!!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by skippi, Apr 13, 2006.

1. skippiValued MemberMember

How do I know when my guppy is done having babies. She is trying to eat the ones I do have. Can soneone please help me????

2. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

You need to separate the babies and the mother will be done when she is really skinny and isn't having any babies pop out of her.

3. OP
    OP
    s

skippiValued MemberMember

Okay as of today I have 5 baby guppies left. They all look like females so far. Which is good because all the other females got sent to quarintine due to ick. 2 of the 4 are left. The 2 that died had some weird disease that made it look like they had 2 mouths and the tops of their heads were caving in. I have no idea what that was. The 2 left are stilll ok ick free but am afraid to release them back into my big tank. I will try to get some pics of the babies.

4. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

They can't be sexed until the males start developing their gondopodiums. I know females are sexually mature at 4-6 weeks; not sure about males. but anyway it will be several weeks before you can tell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice