Having Ammonia, No Nitrite With Nitrate. Does My Cycling Is Almost Over?

peterphonic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello,

I already post a thread about my cycling. I thought that I did an error by adding the fluval bio-enhancer. See below how my cycling goes.

That is a little bit strange. My nitrite was never really high, but I was able to get good nitrate reading. Now, after sixteenth day of cycling, I have 1 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate.

It looks like I don`t have the bacteria that kills the ammonia to nitrite, but I do have the one that kills the nitrite to nitrate...

cycling.png

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
peterphonic said:
Hello,

I already post a thread about my cycling. I thought that I did an error by adding the fluval bio-enhancer. See below how my cycling goes.

That is a little bit strange. My nitrite was never really high, but I was able to get good nitrate reading. Now, after sixteenth day of cycling, I have 1 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate.

It looks like I don`t have the bacteria that kills the ammonia to nitrite, but I do have the one that kills the nitrite to nitrate...

View attachment 440090
The nitritemunchers only "appear" if ammonia is processed into nitrites.
So the ammoniamunchers should "appear" first.

peterphonic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Goldiemom said:
I’m assuming you are doing a fishless cycle. .
Yes, I forgot to add this important information in my post

DoubleDutch said:
The nitritemunchers only "appear" if ammonia is processed into nitrites.
So the ammoniamunchers should "appear" first.
I am wondering if it might related to the filter media I added on may 13. I got this filter media (bio max) from the store where I got my plants.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom