Having Ammonia, No Nitrite With Nitrate. Does My Cycling Is Almost Over? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle' started by peterphonic, May 21, 2018.

1. p

peterphonic Valued Member Member

Hello,

I already post a thread about my cycling. I thought that I did an error by adding the fluval bio-enhancer. See below how my cycling goes.

That is a little bit strange. My nitrite was never really high, but I was able to get good nitrate reading. Now, after sixteenth day of cycling, I have 1 ppm ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate.

It looks like I don`t have the bacteria that kills the ammonia to nitrite, but I do have the one that kills the nitrite to nitrate...

cycling.png

2. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

I’m assuming you are doing a fishless cycle. I’m inclined to tell you to bump the ammonia back up to 2.9 and see what happens. Let’ ask someone else though. @mattgirl can you help?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

The nitritemunchers only "appear" if ammonia is processed into nitrites.
    So the ammoniamunchers should "appear" first.

4. OP
    OP
    p

peterphonic Valued Member Member

Yes, I forgot to add this important information in my post

I am wondering if it might related to the filter media I added on may 13. I got this filter media (bio max) from the store where I got my plants.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice