have you guys ever wonder about feng shui and fish tank?

1. speed0factory Member Member

hi i found this in the web and thought that it will be intersting to share it with all of you.O0

In Asian and Chinese culture, fish play an important role. You have likely seen many works of Asian and Chinese are that portray koi, or goldfish, and there are also many designs for Asian-style water gardens which allow you to incorporate these lovely creatures into your home. When you are using this art and science, you may also want to have a feng shui fish tank at home. Where do you begin, and what is the best location for it in the house? Are there other places within the home where you should not install it?

Tank Need Not Be Large

Sometimes, people may be under the erroneous impression that when you are considering a fish tank, this means a very large fish tank that will occupy an entire wall in a room, but this is not the case. As with all of the basic principles, simplicity and balanced are very important, so attempting to fit a too-large fish tank somewhere within a smaller home or room will just make the room feel cluttered, definitely against the principles of feng shui.

Using a small aquariums is just as good, particularly is it adds to the balance of the room. And a feng shui fish tank may not be a fish tank at all. Even a simple fishbowl containing one or two goldfish can work just fine, if it is correctly displayed and maintained. If you are on a tight budget for decorating, this is helpful to know, because you do not need to spend a lot of cash in order to buy a big aquarium, stock it with fish, and maintain it.

Another stuff to share with people who have a fish tank in their bedroom.:;a1

Fish tanks are generally considered very yang. The bedroom is yin. So the water can disturb rest. If the tank is a closed one then it will not be a big problem.

Most people use fish tanks as a water feature to stimulate wealth. That should be done in the yang part of your home, such as a home office or a family room.

If the tank is closed at the top and the water cannot connect with the air in the room, then it is not a good water feature in feng shui terms. Such a tank can be placed in a bedroom but the movement of the fish and the lights in the tank are still more yang than I advise for sleeping.

When your sleep is disturbed then it causes problems with your health and your emotions which then create problems with relationships and wealth.

Here are the links: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Feng-Shui-2519/aquariums-bedroom.htm and http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Use-A-Feng-Shui-Fish-Tank&id=925658:;banaman

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I'm totally into feng shui and have a few books on it, but I think care and concern should be taken when considering what's best for the fish, too. (I.e., a live fish in a fish bowl is not a good practice.)

:giggle: When I opened the thread, I thought it was going to be about how to feng shui the decor and plants within the tank. :no2:

Thanks for sharing the article! It was really intriguing.

3. speed0factory Member Member

yes i agree with you that's why i stick to my 15g rectangle tank, but i'm trying to get one with round edges haha for the feng shui :p

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Some one mentioned this before. It's very interesting. :)

5. speed0factory Member Member

hi lucy, i think that guy is me, it's about a thread where this guys is moving his tank to his room, and his asking for help for the weight of the tank and the support of his floor.

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I've heard very little about feng shui, but I'm hoping to research it more in my spare time. We can always learn a lot through acceptance and understanding of different cultures:p. I'll definitely be reading up on that link. Thank you for sharing it with us.

My home is definitely not balanced according to some of the feng shui information above due to the number of tanks and the size of my tanks, but my heart is:;group