have you ever????

SHPEPoser

Reaction score
The strangest thing happened today. I did my water change and when I was done I always look and check things out. Well when I was looking in on my fry tank, I noticed the strangest thing. One of my ghost shrimp had attacked one of my fry. It ate the tail off while the fry was still alive. I tried saving the little guy but he didn't make it.
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
SHPEPoser said:
The strangest thing happened today. I did my water change and when I was done I always look and check things out. Well when I was looking in on my fry tank, I noticed the strangest thing. One of my ghost shrimp had attacked one of my fry. It ate the tail off while the fry was still alive. I tried saving the little guy but he didn't make it.
Has this ever happened to anyone else?
OMG that's awful! i'm glad I moved my shrimp out of tanks where fry are now! it seems these shrimp really will eat anything they can get! i'd always thought fry would prob be too fast for a shrimp to catch...you've proved me wrong there then!!!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
:'( poor fry, i'm sorry the shrimp got him. yea, I wouldn't recommend shrimp in with fry. The fry resemble food and may not recognize the shrimp as a threat until too late and fall victI'm to a fast strike. poor fry - everyone wants to eat them, even mama.

New Threads