Have you ever seen a true albino betta?

armadillo
Apparently, it's as low as one every 10,000 spawns.

COBettaCouple
i've never seen an true albino betta.

armadillo
Now that I know they're rare, I REALLY want to see one, LOL.

Barbrella
This is the only pic I could find of a truly colourless, red-eyed albino betta!

armadillo
Thanks, Barbrella. It's impressive. Not that attractive, though, hey.

Tom
I remember seeing some for sale and they were about $30 for one.
Tom

armadillo
Serious? I wonder if they were photoshopped. Apparently, they command quite a high price.

Tom
Serious? I wonder if they were photoshopped. Apparently, they command quite a high price.

It's kind of hard to photoshop the real thing. Isn't it? lol It was at the store a few months ago and thought it was just a miscommunication between my eyes and brain, but on closer examination, it was no error.
Tom

COBettaCouple
Top breeding Bettas will go for well more than $30 often, but I think the albino price would go up if the IBC encouraged breeders to pursue the genetics.

armadillo
Wow, serious?! You saw one for real? Cool, Tom!
It's kind of hard to photoshop the real thing. Isn't it? lol It was at the store a few months ago and thought it was just a miscommunication between my eyes and brain, but on closer examination, it was no error.
Tom

chickadee
My Sara, the white female that I had was totally white but had white eyes with pink pupils but was not classified as albino. She was pretty but odd looking. She was a double-tail halfmoon and I will see if I can find a close-up of her. Well her eye looks dark in that picture but it was a dark reddish pink in the aquarium lighting with white all around it. It was a really strange looking eye.

Rose

TheEssigs
Maybe they come from the same place that Giant Bettas come from !

COBettaCouple
Our white Angel has the opaque's eyes. Maybe I will have to visit the magic betta shop and buy a giant albino Betta.

armadillo
What a COOL CASTLE!!! I am so jealous. What a find. I'll be he's always swimming in and out.

COBettaCouple
well, Angel didn't care much for her castle.. it's now in Kairi's tank - she LOVES it and is always swimming in and out like you said. she's so funny when she sticks her head out of one of the windows to look up at us. I would love to find more castles like that, but we got that with a tank at a yard sale and have never seen one like it at the stores.

What a COOL CASTLE!!! I am so jealous. What a find. I'll be he's always swimming in and out.

armadillo
Aw that's so cuuuute! I've got something similar (similar height, but just some abstract, bright-colored blob with lots of holes in it). She loves it. I wish I had a castle, though. Way cuter to watch them peak out!

COBettaCouple
yea.. somewhere in the world, someone must sell these castles! we must find them for betta princesses everywhere!

Aw that's so cuuuute! I've got something similar (similar height, but just some abstract, bright-colored blob with lots of holes in it). She loves it. I wish I had a castle, though. Way cuter to watch them peak out!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
ErinO
Replies
Views
RSBettas
Top Bottom