Have you ever seen a male guppy like this?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by tunastrack, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

Hello :). Now that a lot of my fry are growing out and really showing their markings, I have a certain type in which I am wondering if they are mixed with Endlers somehow. Because their marking are (IMO) stunning! And very unusual. At least to me. So I am wondering what you guys think? They were born from a regular female fancy guppy (at least that is what she was labeled as at the LPS) She was regular female guppy size with a green pattern on her tail. I did have pictures of her but lost them on my other laptop.

Attached Files:

2. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

It does look more like an Endler color pattern to me, but not totally sure.

3. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

It's an Endler hybrid. They usually go by the name tiger Endler. They are not true Endlers though.

4. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

YAY I thought so nut! Is his colors unusual?? Or have you seen a fish like him before?

5. M0T0

M0T0 Valued Member Member

Wow He is freakin awesome looooking!!!

6. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

I want one! Stunning colours!! You're lucky!!

7. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

I have quite a few of them that look like him. I am thinking about taking him and one of my pure strain endler girls and putting them together and see what happens. What do you all think?

8. guppygrl

Ship some of those fry to me! :)

9. C

Why contaminate a pure Endler?

10. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

because I dont have any males to carry it on...Unless your willing to ship me some...My girls are chilies..

11. C

You'll have to wait till spring. I do have Chili Endlers though. It's snowing too much for me to risk sending any fish out.

12. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

I know you do. thats what my girls are...When do you consider it to be spring?

13. C

April or May. Unless it gets warm sooner. Sorry!

14. guppygrl

Where are you located cichlidnut? You speak of snow. I'm in Canada and no snow here!

15. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I agree with nut, why mess up pure lines, it may look like a cool fish but it is not superior in price or rarity or value(non-emotional) to the pure strains.

16. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

I would mix him with regular endler females. If you haven't been keeping track of lineage from wild caught it doesn't matter all that much anyway because they could be mixed already at some point. Even pure N class endlers aren't much more than the average pet store guppy in cost.

The chili and tiger strains are more valuable from that perspective since they are uncommon (wild type endler guppies frequently come in with the feeders) although the online market is saturated with them.

17. C

18. OP
    OP
    tunastrack

Im not looking to sell the fish. Not sure where I said that, sorry for the misunderstanding. I just think he is a beautiful fish and I wouldnt mind creating a stronger gene of his exact colors. I havnt seen Endlers of his colors anywhere. And since I have 4 girls, which are pure strain. I thought taking one wouldnt hurt.

19. guppygrl

Nice pics Nut. I just wasn't sure if you were in the USA or another country. It must look so pretty with the snow!

20. C

I live in the US. Canada isn't the only place in North American to get snow ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice