Have you decorated your Christmas tree yet?

Have you decorated your CHristmas tree yet?

• yes

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • no

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • doing it now

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kevin
hey guys...i'm pretty hyped about christmas this year, setting the tree up tonight did'nt help me much
anyways, has anyone set up their tree(s) yet...if so, you're welcome to post a pic here
...I would post mine, but the rechargeable batteries for my camera have a 2 second lifespan...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
a little early...but WHO CARES!!!

Tazmiche
Haha Kevin you nutter!!

I have to say the kid in me sulks when Christmas starts so early as my birthday isn't until Dec 9th. I want to have my birthday THEN think about Christmas!!!! I'm getting old now so you'd think i'd mature but NOPE!! A full year is a LONG time to wait for gifts!!! Soilt brat aren't i?!?!?!:;bb

atmmachine816
nope my mom doesn't let us put ours up until dec. 1 and must have it down before jan 1 lol.

mlinden84
I put mine up the day before Thanksgiving. It was snowing out, so it seemed like the perfect time! I love all the lights and decorations of Christmas! But I usually am tired of it by the time Christmas rolls around, and everything is down the day after!

capekate
HI Kevin
Funny you would mention Christmas tree's today. It dawned on my husband and I that we are not going to be able to put up a tree this year!
We have no room! All the places a tree can go there is now fish tanks! lol...
So instead I will decorate the fireplace mantel.
NOT moving any fish tanks!!! hehehe....

~ kate

MudHog
Haha Kevin you nutter!!

I have to say the kid in me sulks when Christmas starts so early as my birthday isn't until Dec 9th. I want to have my birthday THEN think about Christmas!!!! I'm getting old now so you'd think i'd mature but NOPE!! A full year is a LONG time to wait for gifts!!! Soilt brat aren't i?!?!?!:;bb

Mines Dec. 5th!!!!!!!!!

We put up a ULL and LSU tree. My wife is a ULL graduate and I'm a LSU fan.

COBettaCouple
we did ours yesterday.

Mike
:;rudolph

We always try to do our Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving or the Saturday afterwards.

MagpieTear
Typically it goes up the day after Thanksgiving here, but SWMBO wanted the room repainted first. Just finished that yesterday after I got back home from an emergency call-in to work. So hopefully when I get home tonight, I'll take care of the tree.

jack11
Haha Kevin you nutter!!

hahah yes but when it does come around u get a double load of presents lol.

Generally we set ours up on the 5th of December but we are going across the great divide to perth so io don't even no if we are having a tree

Chief_waterchanger
My b-day is early January and I feel the other's pain.. we always got "This is christmas and B-day." Always envied my brothers.

We are definitely putting a tree up, wish we could in the fishhouse, but just no room for one there. Plus there won't be anyone there to see it, so what the hey. The tree is probably all this year, but as the years progress we're definitely going more "all out" with decorations.

armadillo
I don't know if we will, actually. They're not big on Xmas here in The Netherlands. They're a lot more into 'Sinterklaas', which is actually the origin of Santa Klaus. It's this hatted fat bishop guy dressed in red (rings a bell?) and he gives presents to children who've been good. It's celebrated on 6 December. Adults dont' really celebrate Xmas. I miss my Belgian Xmases with lots of pressies!

Now THAT's what I call dedication!
HI Kevin
Funny you would mention Christmas tree's today. It dawned on my husband and I that we are not going to be able to put up a tree this year!
We have no room! All the places a tree can go there is now fish tanks! lol...
So instead I will decorate the fireplace mantel.
NOT moving any fish tanks!!! hehehe....

~ kate

capekate
LOL Armadillo... I guess so! My husband isn't too happy about not having a tree, but what the heck, we have no kids at home, going to my daughters for xmas anyway and she will have a tree up. And too think I won't have such a mess to clean up after xmas. lol. I'm going to have fun decorating the mantel over the fireplace and see what I can come up with. Will have to make it elaborate somehow to make up for the loss of the tree space. But since we do use the fireplace all winter, will have to be careful lol...

~ kate

COBettaCouple
lol.. too bad they don't sell little aquarium-safe Christmas trees - then you could put one in your biggest tank. ;D

LOL Armadillo... I guess so! My husband isn't too happy about not having a tree, but what the heck, we have no kids at home, going to my daughters for xmas anyway and she will have a tree up. And too think I won't have such a mess to clean up after xmas. lol. I'm going to have fun decorating the mantel over the fireplace and see what I can come up with. Will have to make it elaborate somehow to make up for the loss of the tree space. But since we do use the fireplace all winter, will have to be careful lol...

~ kate

Allie
I don't put up or tree and decorations until around the 5th of December.

capekate
lol.. too bad they don't sell little aquarium-safe Christmas trees - then you could put one in your biggest tank. ;D

Now that would be funny! I love it... and come with lights too? ;DWhere can I find them????

~ kate

Allie
My b-day is early January and I feel the other's pain.. we always got "This is christmas and B-day." Always envied my brothers.
My birthday is January 10th....so I am with ya on this too.

mlinden84

You know, I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find something that would work = )

What about a ceramic christmas tree?

capekate
HI Mlinden
Ya know, that would work too! I'm going to some research on this! lol
;D

~ kate

0morrokh
We put ours up the Sat. after Thanksgiving as always. It smells so good right now (it's in the same room as the pc).

Kevin
HI Mlinden
Ya know, that would work too! I'm going to some research on this! lol
;D

~ kate
has some christmas decorations...you could add some colored led lights from dfs and bam...christmas tree in a fish tank...and colored flakes underneath on christmas morning for presents!

Tazmiche

Oh mate I guess after New year is worse!!

Mudhog it is my Uncles on the 5th too. I visited his wifes clinic today and told her off for having Xmas decs up before our birthdays!!!

MrWaxhead
We put up our fake tree and decorated the house on Sunday, we will be putting up a live tree a week before xmas as well.

clear.gif

Kevin
pretty!

Coryd55
Yeah my Birthday is Dec. 29. Which sucks but without it I wouldn't get the 55G =) so I am thankful for it this year. We don't even ahve a tree this year we had to throw our fake one out last year cause it got to the point where it started looking bad. Mom is looking for one atm.

COBettaCouple
get one of the prelit ones with LED lights. ;D

capekate
Gorgeous tree mrwaxhead!!! ;D

~ kate

has some christmas decorations...you could add some colored led lights from dfs and bam...christmas tree in a fish tank...and colored flakes underneath on christmas morning for presents!

HI Kevin
thanks for the link. I checked the site out, I like all the stuff they have there. ;D
unfortunately due to high volume of sales they cannot guarantee delivery for xmas. So will check out some other sites...

~ kate

COBettaCouple
maybe they want to be presents!

here is my tree...with my lazy cats sleeping underneath

capekate

HI Kevin, beautiful tree and kittys!! Wow that grey is gorgeous!! ;D

~ kate

Kevin
maybe they want to be presents!
I think they are waiting for their treats they get for christmas
spoiled little things

HI Kevin, beautiful tree and kittys!! Wow that grey is gorgeous!! ;D

~ kate
thanks!
grey-Ollie
black-Cedric
older grey whose pic I just added-Rufus

mlinden84
Why is everyone else's tree decorated SO much better than mine? = (

Hehe, probably because my 3 year old daughter thinks it's her tree to CLIMB and "redecorate" Right now all the decorations she can reach are clumped in a 1 foot circle.

COBettaCouple
ah.. she's a student of the 'clumpism' decoration style.

Hehe, probably because my 3 year old daughter thinks it's her tree to CLIMB and "redecorate" Right now all the decorations she can reach are clumped in a 1 foot circle.

0morrokh
ah.. she's a student of the 'clumpism' decoration style.

Mlinden, you should take a pic of it and sign it really big and sell it for a million bucks as modern art.

Dino

Nothing I hate wrapping for Christmas, worse than cats.

Nice decorations folks.

Dino Claus

mlinden84
Mlinden, you should take a pic of it and sign it really big and sell it for a million bucks as modern art.

LoL... well it's a lot of things, but definitely not art! = ) It's a good thing we don't have a bunch of ornaments. We have a tradition in our family that each kid gets an ornament each year, then when they move out they get to take them and start adding to them with their own family. It makes it easier to take down after Christmas too!

Is there anything else like the Christmas season? I absolutely love the lights, the tree, the baking, and the general cheer of the season. And it looks like we'll be getting some more snow (mixed with rain and ice) this weekend. Should make all the lights sparkle

COBettaCouple
yea, I find they take a lot of wrapping paper.

Nothing I hate wrapping for Christmas, worse than cats.

Nice decorations folks.

Dino Claus

Tazmiche
Spot has a Xmas tree in his tank!!

COBettaCouple
capekate
Spot has a Xmas tree in his tank!!

I want to see tooo! ;D I'm looking for xmas tree for my tank or at least some xmas decorations. Gotta see the photo Tazmiche! ;D

~ kate

MudHog
did a www searche and found these:

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CatfishGuy
Replies
Views
AquariumX
Replies
Views