Have people successfully kept dwarf puffers alone?

• Thread starter TimeHalt
  • Start date

TimeHalt

It seems that, from many people with experience, dwarf puffers are actually best in larger groups (when the tanks are large enough). I have one pea puffer in a heavily planted 10 gallon, and she's been doing well for the past 3 weeks. But I wanted to know how many people have actually kept one pea puffer successfully long term.. If I need to upgrade the tank and get more then I will.

LilBlub

Well Known
I’ve had a single pea puffer in a 10 gallon for three years and she’s doing great! They’re not a super social fish, and can be pretty aggressive. They tolerate others of their species but also do fine on their own.

TimeHalt

LilBlub said:
I’ve had a single pea puffer in a 10 gallon for three years and she’s doing great! They’re not a super social fish, and can be pretty aggressive. They tolerate others of their species but also do fine on their own.
Awesome to hear. Are you able to feed her anything other than bloodworms and snails? That's all mine will eat

LilBlub

Well Known
Mine loves shrimp, both thawed frozen ones and crushed-up freeze-dried. She also eats tubifex worms occasionally. Some puffers are very picky and others will eat almost anything.

Top Bottom