Have idea for first fish, not sure if its good

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

Can I put a red tailed shark, with a Betta in a 10 gallon aquarium? And if so, what other fish could I put in with them?

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Scrap the red tail. He needs at least a 55 gal. to really be happy and will probably nip your betta until he stresses out and dies. 3 cory cats would be a good choice in your tank. Is it cycled? If not, don't add any more fish right now until it is. ;)

3. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

it is cycled

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

yep the redtailed shark is a bad idea for such a small tank. It would not be happy and dispaly its natural personality for you in such a small tank
    Carol

5. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

You could have Cories with the Betta. be sure to add the Betta last to the tank.

6. BrianCBValued MemberMember

Have idea for first fish, not sure if its good

Can I put two angels ,6 tetras,6 tiger barbs and some snails inside a 29 gallon tank

7. skippiValued MemberMember

Angels will be ok with the tetras as long as they are too big to fit in the angels mouth. The barbs I believe will nip at the angels fins so they won't do, as for amount your angels will be taking up 20 of the 29 so you only have room for about 9 more fish.

Heidi

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice