Have I Overstocked?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Lcas1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Lcas1

Lcas1Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +53
    Hi I think I may have gone a bit mad on my stocking 27/28 gal tank took 6 weeks to fishless cycle. Have been adding fish for the last 6 weeks have now got.. 7 harlequin rasbora, 7 cardinal tetra, a betta, and 2 GBrams also 6 endler guppies, I am presuming I am quite a bit over stocked all tank parameters are as follows 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10ppm nitrates. Tried aqadvisor but not working at the minute dont mind having to do more WC at the minute am doing 50% a week is it possible to keep this stock and just make sure I keep on top of my water changes? Or should I take some fish back?

2. Seasoldier

SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +722
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hi Aqadvisor reckons you're around 83% stocked with those numbers, what filtration are you running? Is the betta male or female? Your harlequins & the GBRs aren't totally temperature compatible but you'd probably get away with it at around 26c & if the betta is male you may have some aggression issues. What are the tank's dimensions?

3. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +7,270
    Experience:
    Just started
    Not overstocked at all, especially when you're doing 50 percent water changes a week. Many people stock more heavily than what you have now, and do much less and fewer water changes.

4. OP
    OP
    Lcas1

Lcas1Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +53
    Hi I have a cannister filter which is rammed full of bio media also live plants in the tank tank is def 27. something us gallons as have done it on the calculater online tank dimensions are 75cm by 35 by 40. I have just been checking temp matches and they are near enough from what I have read keep the temp at 26 anyways

5. OP
    OP
    Lcas1

Lcas1Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +53
    Cool so I should be ok as long as I keep up with the maintenance on the tank.

6. OP
    OP
    Lcas1

Lcas1Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +53
    The betta is Male but he is quite chilled for the most part to be fair only thing worrying me now is my ph is a bit high for the gbr at 8.0 but my lfs is only down the road so will be used to being in that sort of water will have to wait and see

7. imba

imbaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +872
    I think bioload wise, your stocking is ok.
    I wouldn't add anymore fish tho.

8. OP
    OP
    Lcas1

Lcas1Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +53
    Yes not planning to now i am happy with the stocking thanks